In the first nine months of this year, city condo dollar volume has increased 14% compared to 2009. But volume in September was down 19% compared to August.
According to figures generated by examining data from MRED, the regional MLS, year-to-date sales of Chicago condos through September 2010 are:
* Up 14% in total dollar volume, to $2.5 billion
* Up 13% in units closed, to 7,996
* Down 6% in median sales price, to $260,000
* Down 2% in average market time, to 148 days.
Comparing September sales to August:
* Units closed were down 4%, from 730 to 698 closings
* Dollar volume was down 19%, from $240 million to $194 million
* Median sales price was down 13%, from $263,450 to $229,000
* Average market time was down 2%, from 152 to 149 days