Check out our $5.49 Million Dollar Listing in Hinsdale as seen in the Chicago Tribune!
Chicago MLS Listings For Real Estate
Check out Chicago area real estate for sale by searching the mls listings of available homes and condos. You can see properties listed by area brokers and agents across the metro area.
Situated right off of Lake Michigan the Chicago has everything from fabulous restaurants and great nightlife to world class museums. It is a center for services, business, and finance. It is a major transportation hub with the 2nd busiest airport in the world.
The fact that Chicago rests next to one of the largest fresh water lakes in the world makes it very attractive. In the summer one can sail, swim or hang out on one of the 29 public beaches and parks that boarder the lakefront.
It is known as a melting pot with many different kinds of people and culture which makes for a rich life experience. Chicago is a city of neighborhoods each marching to a little different beat.
The Chicago MLS has the most comprehensive database of Chicago real estate for sale.
Popular Chicago Neighborhoods
1. Lincoln Park - This is an upscale neighborhood right on the lake and close to the loop with an expansive park system. Lincoln Park has some of the most desirable real estate in Chicago.
2. Old Town - Historic and affluent neighborhood bordering the loop and Gold Coast neighborhoods. It is home to the famous Second City Comedy Troupe that has turned out comics like Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Mike Myers, Chris Farley, Tim Meadows, Bonnie Hunt, Stephen Colbert, Halle Berry, and Amy Sedaris.
3. Bucktown - Recently gentrified neighborhood with uber-cool boutiques, restaurants, and nightlife. Has many newer homes built in the recent housing boom. Bucktown is a great place to search for a home in Chicago.
4. Wicker Park - A southern sister neighborhood to Bucktown. They share a business district around North, Damen and Milwaukee Avenue. Still retains some eclectic retail outlets like Reckless Records and Myopic Books. A fun vibrant place to live.
5. Gold Coast - One of the wealthiest areas in the city. The Gold Coast has beautiful row houses that go for millions of dollars as well as high rise condo buildings that are far more affordable.
7. South Loop - Home to the museum campus including Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and Field Museum as well as Soldier Field where the Chicago Bears play. Has many newer condo buildings with awesome lake views.
Popular Western Suburbs
There are many areas outside of the city that one should consider when looking at Chicago real estate. In the western suburbs we strongly recommend considering these 10 burbs (not necessarily in this order):
1. Oak Park - First suburb west of Chicago. Just 9 miles from the Loop and easy access to the city through the green and blue line L trains, Metra and 290 Expressway. Great schools and many beautiful vintage homes.
2. River Forest - Just west of Oak Park with one of the best school systems in the state. Tends to have bigger lots with larger homes than in Oak Park.
3. Riverside - This village was designed by the Father of Landscape architecture. Riverside is a National Historic Landmark has many winding streets interspersed with 41 parks.
4. Hinsdale - Hinsdale is rich in historic architecture. That being said many smaller homes have been torn down to make way for larger new "mansions". Downtown Hinsdale is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
5. Willowbrook - Enjoy a superior quality of life and take advantage of well-kept community parks, the treasures of the nearby Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve, and excellent public schools including access to the Hinsdale Township High School District 86.
6. Downers Grove - Downers Grove is known for great schools and an appealing mix of housing types and styles. The Park District manages over 500 acres of park land in town, and has won the coveted National Gold Medal award for the quality and diversity of recreational opportunities.
8. Oak Brook
10. Burr Ridge
11. Clarendon Hills
Recent Chicago MLS Listings
LP 2550 N Lakeview ready for immediate occupancy! Split 2Bed, 2Bath floorplan with extraordinary Lake and Park views. 1286 sq ft (125 sq ft outdoor). Exquisite developer ...
- Beds 2
- Baths 2.0
- MLS 08179879
- Bldg. Lincoln Park 2550
Amazing 3 unit botique new const condo dev in lincoln pk. Bright, 42" cabs, unsurpassed mounding detail & built-ins plus wet bar, viking appl, lge island, hm theater & su...
- Beds 2
- Baths 2.0
- MLS 08498425
Lincoln Park Historic Greystone 5 Unit. Wonderful opportunity for a live in owner or investor. Huge 77ft long residence on a 25 x 195 lot w/ many updates in last few year...
- Beds –
- Baths –
- MLS 08496934
25 X 145 R4 lot. Cannot build in the whole lot. Must have 30' setback from street. Excellent location.
- Beds –
- Baths –
- MLS 08496338
Stately brick victorian home enhanced by copper accents and a beautifully updated interior featuring a sunny, open floor plan, impeccably designed brand new baths - maste...
- Beds 4
- Baths 3.1
- MLS 08496919
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…